GEIGER EDELMETALLE IN THE USA
The Geiger Edelmetalle LLC offers the American precious metal trading companies an interesting range of our products made in Germany.
In our store within the Via Mat campus in Inwood, New York, the freshly minted products of our manufacturing company in Germany are awaiting their new owners.
OUR HEADQUARTER IN GERMANY
The Geiger Edelmetalle GmbH is a family owned company in Germany, which is obligated to the trade of high-quality bars, rounds and coins made of gold, silver, platinum, palladium or copper.
Our corporate headquaters and the first registered office of our company is the Schloss Güldengossa near Leipzig, which was built in 1720. This real treasure of late Baroque is wedded with world-famous personalities such as Johann Sebastian Bach and Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, who were attached to precious metals as well.
Due to the strategic cooperation with our sister company, the Leipziger Edelmetallverarbeitung GmbH, we can offer our customers precious metals products of in-house production. To ensure this appropriate fabrication we preserved an industrial building from the 1930s from demolition. The former control room of the huge power plant Espenhain is now the domicile of our production, as well as for our logistics, high-security strongroom and our management. Here we show our understanding and appreciation of sustainability: by preserving outstanding buildings from the past and by using them for meaningful economic activities we build a solid bridge to the present and the future.
In the german market Geiger Edelmetalle appears as a wholesale merchant for trading partners and private customers, meeting their individual and commercial requirements perfectly. We are also the only private mint in Germany, which globally produces and distributes a silver bullion coin of a sovereign state – the Noah’s Ark, issued by the Armenian Central Bank.
WE COMBINE TRADITION AND PROGRESS
- Geiger Edelmetalle continues a tradition, which was founded in the year 1218 in Leipzig: Merchants established the oldest silver trade of Germany
- Saxony (South East Germany) and especially its mountainous region, the Erzgebirge, is well-known for the long tradition in silver mining and processing of precious metals
- Silver was mined in Saxon mountains since more than 1.000 years.
GOLD- & SILVERTRADITION SINCE 1720
- Headquarter of Geiger Edelmetalle is Castle Güldengossa, close to the city of Leipzig, Germany.
- The castle was constructed in 1720, its history is closely connected to the silver trade in Leipzig.
- The owner of the castle in the 18th century and his well-known friend, the famous composer Johann Sebastian Bach, invested in silver and owned stocks of silver mines